My friend and blogging spirit guide Amanda got charmingly reflective during her recent move from her first NYC home in the Lower East Side to her second NYC home in Brooklyn. She posted a list of 25 things she wants to do before she dies. Her list (which included learning to cook good Indian food and basically visiting or living in nearly every coveted spot on the globe) got me thinking about my own intentions for my life. Here, for your inspiration, are twenty-five things I’d like to do before I die.
2. Be on an island.
3. Raise a child with my husband.
4. Write a book.
5. Figure out what makes someone a cool old person and cultivate those traits on the way.
6. Pick an avocado right off the tree and eat it.
7. Travel through America in an RV taking pictures of amazing sights and people.
8. Become an expert in American food systems and affect lasting change in some aspect of that system.
9. Go to college.
10. Learn to brew beers well enough to create my own recipes.
11. Inspire others to appreciate the magic and wonder of their own lives.
12. Try being a red-head.
13. Own artwork that moves me.
14. Improvise without inhibitions, genuinely and hilariously.
15. Miss no opportunities to love, hold, kiss, and talk to my husband.
16. Have a well-equipped, spacious, welcoming, and well-worn kitchen where people come together over great food.
17. Know a few cities very well.
18. Have a very old and very wise goldfish.
19. Have a well stocked bar and be proficient at making classic cocktails.
20. Beat the computer at Scrabble (on “hard” setting) more than 50% of the time.
21. Have nothing but clothes I love in my closet.
22. Read Lord of the Rings a second time.
23. See a a Chinese New Year Parade in China.
24. Cook a perfect lasagna from scratch.
25. Participate in the making of a documentary film.